Sunday, November 3, 2013

HOW I LEARN

From as long as i could remember music has been apart of my life my mother sang all the time in the house and me always using an instrument whether it be stringed or not. Over the years i have seen how music has effected my learning capabilities and listening skills as i get older. Music has been the primary way in which I learn material for school and retain certain things in my general day by day life.

In one of my classes i had to create a project based on a certain topic in English and i didn't know what to do at first. seeing that i considered myself a musician i asked the teacher that instead of preforming a skit can i create an original song because the unit on poetry was difficult. so what i did to learn the whole unit was write a song describing each unit. it was interesting to see that other aspect of my education can be over comed by the power of music.

In closing i believe i am a musical learner because when i see a problem wether it be math, science, history or english i can almost always find a way to relate it to music thus making it much easier on me because i am familiar with concepts in music.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Hezzie!!! How important it is to know you learn this way! I'm glad your teacher let you write a song describing each unit!

    ReplyDelete